This invitation-only state competition brings together the top 20 student business “pitch” presentations from all SEP Strive qualifier challenges.
Download and review the SEP judging Rubric below…
Presenting a Business Plan?
- There is no required Business Plan template or format for the competition.
- Recommended components, however, include:
- Cover Sheet
- Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Business Description
- Marketing Plan (e.g., market research, product/service benefits, description and number of customers, evaluation of competition, advertising strategy)
- Operational Plan (e.g., location requirements, legal considerations such as licenses/permits/insurance, personnel requirements, potential suppliers)
- Management Plan (e.g., job titles, position descriptions)
- Financial Plan (e.g., projected cash flow, startup cost, exit strategy)
- Appendix (e.g., relevant articles, pictures, floor plans, menus.)
- For assistance with layout or content questions, consult the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) or SCORE websites. Additionally, industry-specific templates and examples may be found online through sites like BPlans.com.